[meteorite-list] Ad New Canadian Meteorite for sale

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:21:37 -0500

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 15:09:31 -0500, you wrote:

>We've come to think in North America that the necessities of life fall off
>of trees and the advancement of civilization is some foregone conclusion.
>This is unfortunately not true. Money isn't a necessary evil; it is a
>vehicle which makes trading more efficient than it was in the days of
>barter.

You're obviously a fan of some science fiction, with the Star Trek references.
My favorite possible (if possible) future societies in SF are post-scarcity,
post-singularity ones. So, it may be (is) just a fantasy, but it is exactly the
type of world I strive towards and wish to live in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_scarcity

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=post+scarcity+society&btnG=Google+Search&aq=3&oq=post+scarcity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity