[meteorite-list] Martin Horejsi's The Accretion Desk Souslovo, Russia

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:45:51 -0700

Hi Tom,

Thanks for reading it. Normally I pass on recent finds for my
collection, but the shape and story of Souslovo was too good to skip.

I made up the term "Toolbox Meteorite" (not to be confused with NASA's
Toolkit "Meteorite" that should be arriving any time now). I needed a
name for meteorites that are used as tools, whether doorstops,
paperweights, or wheelchocks prior to entering our collection.
However, I have seen a few continue on as tools even after entered
into a meteorite collection catalog, usually in the role of a
doorstop.

Tom, I wish I still lived close to you. I think you would have a blast
scoping Souslovo with all its chondritic oddities.

Best,

Martin