[meteorite-list] Real or Bogus?

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:55:23 -0500

Hello listees,

In this time for reflection and renewal, it's hard to have any
complaints ... hmmm but, I just read this eBay auction and Mike B's
post answering MikeG and feel the need to talk about an human
exploration hero greater than Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, the two
explorers as mentioned in the auction link.

Like the Mighty Boosh, the opportunistic seller is hocking his barely
perceptible particules while forgetting the third crew member that
literally wrote the book on piloting base and contingency plans for the
Apollo 11 command module around the Moon while Neil and Buzz checked
out. Hats off to (another) Mike ! The man who safely brought these
guys back from the Moon, and I am thinking the first person to orbit
the Moon solo while he was at it - Is that an accomplishment?) - what
an experience! Being meteorite folk it is hard to say being on the
Moon's surface wouldn't have been more spectacular, but I think being
completely out of touch in the command module especially tranquilly
flying over the far side of the Moon alone for a day at only 113 miles
altitude with a world's responsibility on his shoulders ... Then to
make be the orbital pickup of the module, which seems to me the hardest
part of the whole voyage.

THREE (3) Cheers for our favorite Florida swamp boy, Major General
Collins! and for being a superb team member bringing back the first 20
Kg of the Moon!

Best wishes, Christmas and Holiday Greetings to all,
Doug