[meteorite-list] More ? about Itqiy, Zaklodzie

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:25:24 +0000

I have now heard from at least 3 parties who say that Itqiy is closest in composition to Zaklodzie (and a couple of people who gently corrected my typewriter dyslexia, Saint-Sauveur rather than Saint-Severin!). The pictures I have been able to find of Zaklodzie, however, don't show the texture very well; to my uneducated eye, it looks more like a common H5 (heresy!). One of the things I find striking about Itqiy is the coarse grained crystals that look almost like commercially available black granite slab. Anyone who has access to both Itqiy and Zaklodzie slices, do they actually look similar in section?

I have to do more research into the processes that produce 2 so dissimilar textures with almost the same chemical makeups...

Tracy Latimer