[meteorite-list] Fw: Re: More Meteorite Geography Trivia

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:00:34 +0100

Frank is perfectly right.

Now, if you take into account the ratio between the weight (kg) and the
island surface area, you can calculate the average number of meteorite kg
thet fell per square km for 3 small islands (there could be more)

         Island surface
(km2) Meteorite tkw kg/km2 (x 10-3)

         Oahu 1545 Honolulu + P.
Valley 3.682 2.38
         Mauritius 1866 Mauritius 0.222
      0.189
         Jamaica 11425 Lucky
Hill 20.4+ 1.79+

Now taking 2 small countries (I did not go through all):

         Lesotho 30355 Thuathe 30+
      0.99
         Swaziland 17363 Dwaleni 3.230
      0.186

In all cases Oahu wins...

Good going for other weird evaluations!

Cheers

Zelimir

A 08:45 13/12/2008 -0800, Frank Cressy a ?crit :