[meteorite-list] Name the new Canadian fall Buzzard Coulee

From: tett <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:16:23 -0500

List,

As Jeff pointed out the final decision on the new name is up to the
Nomenclature Committee. That said, I have been advised that Buzzard
Coulee is the desired new name and so I propose that we use that until
the NomCom makes its final choice.

"That's what Alan H. and the U of C crew are calling it. His grad
student Ellen Milley who found the first piece and Ian Mitchell, whose
land (cow pond) it was found on both prefer Buzzard Coulee because
that's where it was found. Ian also notes that it is the oldest
geographic name in the area."

Cheers,

Mike Tettenborn