[meteorite-list] AD - Crusted Zagami, L3 Conglomerate

From: al mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:16:27 -0500

Greetings List Members,

It seems that a certain member in bad standing that continues to want to
advertise here who has cheated a number of unsuspecting members by both not
returning money to them after promising to do so and also misrepresenting
meteorite types as something rare when they are not. A number of these
victims wrote to me to thank me for posting my first email message about
him.

Here are a few of the list archives indicating there are serious problems
with this creep. You can also go here to see for your self a number of the
problems that have been posted over the list for a number of years.

http://www.google.com/custom?q=bob+evans&domains=six.pairlist.net&sitesearch=six.pairlist.net&sitesearch=&sa=Search+the+Archives

I must warn the list of Bob Evans as well. I was supposed to receive a $125
refund from Bob over a month ago and I still have not received my money
back, nor have I recieved a response from him after several email and phone
call attempts. Well, I checked his Ebay history a few days ago and noticed
that he had placed a $1500 bid on a meteorite not too long ago, yet he
cannot afford to return my hard-earned money back to me? Never again! I warn
everyone else not to do any business with Bob Evans. His unprofessionalism
is a joke.

Ryan

Well, Bob Evans just called me after reading my email to the list and he was
pissed-off as I had expected he would be.. nearly shouting at me through the
phone line. It doesn't look like I wil be getting "a penny back" from him,
so it looks like I'll have to use alternate routes to get my money back.
Sorry to everyone else who has to read this, but his reaction to the
situation is unacceptable. By the way Bob....I'm 22 years old, not 15 as you
had asked me during our brief phone altercation this evening. See you in
Tucson next year... I'm sure everyone will be giving you a warm welcome.

Ryan

Bob Evans its another Cosmicvisitors alias Brad Sampson...sent money no
material, useless excuses aside the mailbox not go etc.....

Mauro Daniel

McCartney and List,
Doesn`t a theft of goods totaling a sum of 4,000+$ constitute a Felony in
Texas?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061122154905AAnQ0ts
Thank you McCartney for your post to the list.
Sincerely, Dirk...Tokyo

mccartney <mccartney at blackbearddata.com> wrote:
As a member of IMCA, I feel it my duty to warn other meteorite buffs to
avoid entanglements from questionable persons.

On June 24, 2006 I posted to the list as a courtesy that I had been the
victim of a fraudulent trade with Bob Evans. This is the rest of the
story...

After a year of trying to resolve the issue, it took me many more months to
conclude that he just wasn't going to respond.

I sent emails, Ebay emails, registered letters and confirmed delivery
letters, with no response from Mr. Evans. He had my piece and he wasn't
going to finish the trade.

I sued Bob Evans in Williamson County, Texas Court. It went to court on
October 19, 2006. Small CLaims suit #060094. He apparently tried to avoid
being served his lawsuit by the Will County Sheriff, but they served him
successfully. He did not respond to the suit, nor did he show in court.

He lost by default and now has a judgment of $4,800 against him. He now
joins Mr. Casper in the hall of Shame.

Its my character flaw to be an overyly trusting guy. I have traded with
people from South Africa to West Texas, Poland to Alaska. Never had a
problem. On the whole the average meteorite fan is a fair, wholesome,
science loving, respectable person. I encourage all of you to trade with
your peers on this list, but do a little homework on your partner first to
weed out the Caspers and Bob Evans's.

Last word, the meteorite community is a small sand box - Remember to play
nice.

-mt
IMCA 2760

Yes, there was a lawsuit against Bob Evans brought by me. It was in
> regards to a trade that was partially done, where I sent material and only

> received a partial trade, then Evans went quiet. No contact for many
> months. Eventually, I posted about it and received many replies that he
> has done this before. His modus operandi is usually to go quiet and not
> communicate. Which is what he's doing now. He did not show in court, I
> received a default judgment by the judge.

> Evans did not appeal and a judgment was issued. I spent the money to have
> the judgment filed in Illinois and a lien filed against his house. At this
> time he can not purchase or sell, or inherit real property until the
> judgment is paid. It is collecting 8% interest at this time.

> If I recall my contract law correctly, selling NWA junk as Zulu Queen
> would be 'Misrepresentation' as well as Unjust Enrichment. Selling Zulu
> Queen that he didn't know was NWA junk is simply 'Mutual
> Misunderstanding'. Good luck in proving he had prior knowledge it was NWA
> junk.

> This is a small sandbox we play in. Play nice. McCartney Taylor

Dear List,

This is a public warning to Bob Evans to stop using the NWA 1110 and NWA
1877 designations and meteoritelab descriptions. I filed a blanket
complaint claim with ebay and found out that it is considered fraudulent to
use lab numbers that do not apply to your samples. It is also against the
law to steal copyrighted descriptions. It took me weeks to explain to ebay
what is involved with getting numbers assigned to NWA meteorites. I will
start pulling the trigger soon on this kind of fraud starting with Bob
Evans. If ebay gets too many complaints the meteorite subsection might be
reconsidered (eliminated). That is why I am posting this message publicly
to avoid continued contact with ebay. Here are two of the many fraudulent
auctions Bob Evans is involved in:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3239&item=2287562058&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3239&item=2287562068&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Consider this warning to edit your numbers and descriptions to reflect the
truth or I will report this fraud to ebay when I return tomorrow. My
attorney gave me the green light to start pursuing these cases and I will
exercise my options.

Wishing everybody else the best,

Greetings List,

I could go on and on and post dozens if not more posts on people having
trouble with this thief but it would be counterproductive to our discussion
here. I feel I have done my part to warn people of this creep and if you
don't take the advise of this email and the emails of others who have, had
trouble with this criminal then we'll await to see your post on the trouble
you are having by thinking this is some kind of a joke. Best wishes to all!

--AL Mitterling