[meteorite-list] Ad- Monnig, Aml and other goodies just in time for xmas

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:35:22 EST

Hello List-Members,

I would like to send a few words of warning to anyone buying from Bob Evans:

First on behalf of Dr A. Ehlmann, Curator of the Monnig Collection at TCU:
He did only one trade with Bob and the pieces he gave in that trade are:

1. Beardsley, 36.7g fusion covered individual
2. Forest City, 3.7g fusion covered individual
3. Kendleton, 45.2g polished part end section with good fusion crust on back
4. Bruderheim, 20.0g block with one fusion side.
5. Mocs, 9g individual

In that trade Dr. Ehlmann received a piece of Zulu Queen, Luotolax and
Bialystok. And Bob represented that he had received the Zulu Queen it in a trade
with UCLA. When asked UCLA responded: Impossible, they have never had any Zulu
Queen in their collection.
There was no serious response regarding the Bialystok and Luotolax. So where
does that Zulu Queen come from? is it really Zulu Queen? How about Luotolax
and Bialystok?
Another list member bought a piece of another rare meteorite that was
presented as being from TCU, and Dr. Ehlmann responded to that: Not true, TCU only
has a tiny piece and had never traded out any of it. I will let that
List-member speak for himself if he wishes to.
In conclusion, Dr Ehlmann is not/will not do any more trade with Bob Evans.

On my behalf:
Bob, if you are planning to go to Tucson, you will not be welcomed in my room.
And if you are planning on going to Michael Blood's auction, I will ask
Michael to block you from bidding on any of the 40 pieces I have entered in that
auction. I do not wish to sell anything to you.

In conclusion, I have been a meteorite-dealer ten years (exactly ten years
next week) and if there is one thing I have learned it is that Trust is
absolutely paramount in the Meteorite World, and Bob, Trust is seriously lacking when
dealing with you.

Anne M. Black
http://www.impactika.com/
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 12/10/2008 2:06:42 PM Mountain Standard Time,