[meteorite-list] Large Fireball Sighted in Florida Sky

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:58:14 -0800 (PST)

http://www.wptv.com/content/coastal/story/Large-fireball-sighted-in-the-sky/DdigToZTi

Large fireball sighted in the sky
WPTV
December 18, 2008

PALM BEACH COUNTY, FL -- Numerous reports of a large fireball in the sky
were called into 911 dispatchers and our NewsChannel 5 newsroom Thursday
evening.

Viewers reported a large green and blue fireball falling from the
southern sky around 4:55pm.

Initial reports were a possible plane on fire in the sky but law
enforcement officials confirmed no reports of aircrafts down.

Local astronomers believe it was a fireball, which is bigger and
brighter than an average meteor.

There were no reports it made impact into the ground, which would be a
meteorite.

The Geminids Meteor showers usually peak around this time of year and
can be viewed to the east late at night.

If you have videos or photos you would like to share with NewsChannel 5,
you can call our newsroom at (561) 653-5700 and email us at
NewsTips at wptv.com