[meteorite-list] Merry Christmas, Thanks, and 40 Years Ago Today

From: Greg Redfern <gredfern_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 23:46:45 -0500

Of course I do Robert! The Moon was 5 days old, 30% illuminated and high
in the SW skies of Southern California. Venus was also in the same
section of sky as it is now.

I used my 6" f/8 Edmund Scientific Newtonian to observe the Moon while
Apollo 8 was in lunar orbit....probably why I am such a lunatic observer
AND collector of 21 lunar meteorites including some of the best in the
world made possible by you.

Happy Holidays to all and may we live in an age where the 1.5 second
transmission delay of astronauts on the Moon occurs again!

Greg

Greg Redfern
NASA JPL Solar System Ambassador
http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/ambassador/index.html