[meteorite-list] Tucson update

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 21:55:36 -0700

Bob Evans wrote:

> I know every one is busy enjoying the show, but, Im sure the rest of
> us especially the ones going there next week would like to hear some
> feedback of how it is going so far.
> Any comments?

Dear Bob and List:

It was a beautiful mild, sunny day in Tucson for the first *official*
opening at the InnSuites, though a few dealers have already been set up
for a couple of days. At the post office, early this morning, I met a
couple who had driven down from Alaska and were buying boxes so they'd
be able to mail rocks back home.

We were so busy in our room all day, that when I finally went outside
at 4:30 pm my reaction was, "Wow, there are other dealers here!" : )

As usual, people are rolling in from all over the world. Matt Morgan,
Allan and Iris Lang, Mike and Wynona Miller, Mike Farmer, Jim Strope,
Ruben Garcia, Andi Gren, Ted Bunch, Achim and Mortiz Karl, and many
other friends and colleagues dropped in to say hello today, while we
were finessing pieces in the display cabinets.

Tucson is buzzing as the world's biggest assemblage of rockheads gets
rolling. I think it's going to be an exciting show this year.

Friendly reminder:

Highway exits are closed in town. "Meteorite Times" has all the info
about exit closures and where to find your favorite dealer:

http://www.meteorite-times.com/tucson/index.htm

While you're here, please stop by the ballroom at the InnSuites. That
is one amazing fossil display. Our cousins in the paleo world have
really gone all-out. Dinosaurs and everything.

Here's what I'm aware of for 2008 special events:

Thursday, Feb. 7 Second annual IMCA dinner at La Fuente Mexican
restaurant, 7:30 pm. Details from Maria Haas: dragonsoup at msn.com

Friday, Feb. 8 Ninth Annual Birthday Bash and Harvey Awards, 7 pm at
the Morrison residence. See me for a map and directions, or email me
off-List

Saturday, Feb. 9 Meet author Dr. Arthur J. Ehlmann at the publication
party for the Monnig Collection Catalog. 2 pm Room 230, InnSuites

Saturday, Feb. 9 Michael Blood's meteorite auction: socializing 5:30;
bidding 7:30 Details:
http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/TucsonAuction08.html

Friday, Feb. 15 Stack's Auction: R. A. Langheinrich Meteorites
Collection 6:30 pm Details:
http://www.stacks.com/auctiondetail.aspx?lsid=AN00000645

If I missed anything, please post details : )

Regards,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
Tucson, AZ

p.s. I broke the neon "Meteorites" sign in transit yesterday : (
We're doing our best to get it repaired before you get here.