[meteorite-list] Cape York / Re: Keith's Tucson Meteorite of the Day

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:44:42 -0500

Hi,

I feel a need to "weigh-in" here.

--Keith has (gratefully) embraced the role of the posting of images
which enthrall. This is not about Keith---pro or con---it's about
whether a Cape York cube should exist.

--While i nearly always disagree with Matteo's perspective (and I am
about to do so once again), I understand his concern about cubing a
meteorite. It would seem that such concerns should be applied on a
case by case basis, and I believe should not be applied in the case
of Cape York.

For starters, there are how many TONS of Cape York represented in how
many masses?

Moreover, last month I had the pleasure of visiting the Geological
Museum at the University of Copenhagen, and there are multiple ingots
of material which have been subdivided by scientists at the Museum.

I personally believe this is a non issue and a gorgeous representation.

And what about those Giants?! ;-)