[meteorite-list] Being courteous

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:49:47 -0800 (PST)

I post here when I want to ask a question.
I've always found the responses well measured and
reasoned. The ONLY exception was my fault and vowed
not to do it again.
Today I pontificate.

I find people as I recieve them and this list has
given friendships, despite never having met the
persons I converse with.

Despite the barriers of nationality, culture and
language, a little courtesy makes it all possible..
Some, it seems, don't care for courtesy. What
difference does it make?...well, let me tell you.

As a predominantly US list, some enthusiasts in the UK
call the the BSL ("Big Scary List").
So far, I can answer any lay question I'm asked but
many UK list enthusiasts are more knowledgable* than I
.
Scaring these people off deprives us of rich variety
and free interpretation.
Exchange of ideas drives knowledge. To be privvy to
the ideas even if we do not make the links is a
priveledge. Let us not admonish the free minded by
creating an atmosphere of contrition.

This great list can be more so.

Rob McC

* talented, educated, informed, capable, attractive,
eligableI am far more irritating in real life. Ask any
of the Brits.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vW5eUA0I938