[meteorite-list] Re; Inexpensive Irons

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 23:05:18 -0800

Hola Bob, E.P., All,
Hardly - the stuff they sell at the Meteor Crater store is shale.
They don't sell real meteorites on-site, though you can find freshly
dug-up irons on ebay from hunters for an average going price of
~$0.30/g.
You'd probably be best-off buying some Odessa nuggets or a lot of
those "Campo crystals" from Hans or another dealer who might have them
for cheaps; those, at least, would be real meteoric iron, and not just
oxide.
Or what about Sikhote shrapnel? That tends to be fairly cheap...
Best of Luck,
Jason