[meteorite-list] Cheap meteorites for classroom give aways

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 15:14:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jason -

Agree with you about the Barringer Crater chips being
very highly oxidized - but they are cheap, labeled,
provenienced, and available, and if you have classroom
full of kids...

If someone with connections in Russia or Argentina
wishes to provide for this market that would be
wonderful.

I seem to remember that the store there also had
inexpensive tektites, as well as coprolites. While
this isn't what a hard-core high-end meteorite
collector might want, I remember the store as well
done and not exploitative.

Speaking of the educational market, I seem to remember
that years ago the Jensens were selling boxes with
many types of micro mounts.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas