[meteorite-list] Ensisheim: What is the TRUE FALL DATE??

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 00:58:05 -0600

Hi, Don, List,

    The difference between the two dates is the difference
between the Julian and Gregorian calendars. Of course, the
Gregorian calendar was not devised until after the Fall, so
the date of Nov. 7 is what they called that day in the Julian
calendar in use at that time, but in a more accurate calendar,
the Gregorian (which we use today), it was Nov. 16, by the
solar orbit (well, pretty close).

    Of course, it's not really that simple. I made a really long
Post with all the details about all this date confusion back
when we were talking about the Nagota fall in Japan in 861
AD. Being a helpful fellow, I went to the List Archives to
get you the URL, but it requires a password to look (never
used to) but the site doesn't recognize the password I retrieved,
so now I'm past caring. I posted it on November 18, 2007
Subject: japan fall date, or something like that, If you want,
I can forward you a copy of the post. Let me know.

Sterling K. Webb