[meteorite-list] Last NWA 5000 Update Before Leaving For Tucson

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:51:14 -0800 (PST)

Dear List Members,

Just a reminder for those attending the Tucson show to
be sure to check out Northwest Africa 5000, ?The
Cosmic Masterpiece? in room 230 at the Inn Suites. A
few team members are already in place and brought with
them an excellent display system. We will have
everything set up in room 230 tomorrow afternoon
including an astonishing inventory. Unfortunately,
the inventory will be pulled at around 4:00 pm
Saturday because we are leaving early Sunday morning,
so be sure to take a peek before then. ?The Rock? will
definitely leave a lasting impression.

The portfolios and appraisals for each rated piece
were finally completed this morning. Each portfolio
contains a specimen-specific description, specimen
image, serialized/laminated ID card and pages of notes
for each and every appraised piece including the slice
in Michael Blood?s auction. The independent
appraisal came in on item number AH-8 in the Blood
auction. It appraised at $14,300.00 so somebody is
likely to pick up a great deal. It can be previewed
in Anne and Geoff?s room, as well.

A registry for those who purchase examples of
Northwest Africa 5000 will be on hand so be sure to
put your name on it for future posterity as every
piece will be tracked. Even $20.00 specimens are
serialized and included on the registry so nobody will
be left out. For advanced collectors, there will be
some world-class offerings.

As I stated before, Northwest Africa 5000 is still a
work-in-progress and a special feature has come to
light, which I will discuss during and after the show
so stay tuned. Scientists are intrigued!

Best Regards,

Adam