[meteorite-list] AD: Benguerir Large Crusted Museum Piece

From: mexicodoug at aim.com <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 18:48:26 -0500

Dear List,

Please refer to the links for the 1.2 kilogram Benguerir, Morocco piece.

It is a very attractive piece about 94% crusted with nice black fusion
crust picked up close to the time of the fall. The piece has become
available after a museum offer fell through last year and it was put
int storage. I have no financial interest in this but can vouch for
the piece and the friend who would like to sell it, and will personally
pack and send it. If you like whole individuals and witnessed falls,
this is a fine and aesthetically appealing piece.

Make an offer, payment for the great piece can be by Paypal or you
could pay in person in Tucson. It can be sent via US mail Priority in
USA or your choice internationally.

I believe that Benguerir has a lower TKW than all the Mali and others
that have been offered lately, and it is a great documented WITNESSED
FALL.

FALL DATE: November 22, 2004
Locality: Benguerir, Morocco
Type LL6 Shock Stage 3/4

TKW only 25 Kg !! The others are all over 100 Kg.

This is one of the largest individuals of the fall and definitely among
the most beautiful.

Meteorite Database entry:
http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?code=30443

Photos:
www.diogenite.com/meteor1a.jpg
www.diogenite.com/meteor1b.jpg
www.diogenite.com/meteor1c.jpg
www.diogenite.com/meteor1d.jpg

Wish I could have time to ask to put it on Rocks from Space Picture of
the Day!

First offer of $4.25 per gram takes it, otherwise lower offers will be
considered. I will check email within 24 hours to see. The owner
wanted $5 it has per gram, an been difficult since the museum offer for
this beautiful specimen was at $6/g, but now he has gotten reasonable
and it only can be sold during the time he is here at the gem show.
Best Wishes, Great Health,
Doug