[meteorite-list] : Happy Birthday PADVARNINKAI

From: Norbert Classen <riffraff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 18:53:44 +0100

Hi Frank, Bernd, and List,

I don't have the 4th edition of "The Catalogue", just the 5th edition...
However, maybe you're referring to the fact that Padvarnikai was once listed
as a shergottite, together with the original Shergotty? It's a wonderful
eucrite, heavily shocked - the abundant maskelynite giving Padvarnikai's
matrix a dark grey to blackish appearance. One of my all time favorites!
With its vesiculated melt pockets it really looks more like a Martian than
like a HEDO.

All the best,
Norbert (happy owner of a 2g+ crusted sample of the Androniski mass)

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

Hello Frank and List,

"The 4th edition has the place of fall at Androniski but
the online MNH catalogue...has the place as Anyksciuu.
Maybe this is what you were referring to?"

No, this isn't what I was referring to ;-)
Anyone else? You can also "Google" it!

Cheers,

Bernd

To: fcressy at prodigy.net