[meteorite-list] U.S. To Shoot Down Defunct Spy Satellite

From: Mark Ford <mark.ford_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:00:34 -0000

Hmmm.

Looks like we are in for an even better firework display now then!

Surley fragmenting something this big, will mean it is actually more
likely for [something] to survive? - since you will create random
pieces of debris with very differing velocities and therefore some might
have more chance of having suitable rentry parameters which will allow
them to survive...

Either way - Really, this is not very good news for the low earth space
environment!

About time we had some proper global treaties in place to stop countries
randomly polluting space, all for the sake of some commercial secrets
(which are already probably common knowledge anyway).

Best,
Mark Ford

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us. Email info at ssl.gb.com. You should not copy or use this email or attachment(s) for any purpose nor disclose their contents to any other person.

GENERAL STATEMENT:

Southern Scientific Ltd's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.

Registered address Rectory Farm Rd, Sompting, Lancing, W Sussex BN15 0DP. Company No 1800317