[meteorite-list] NEW FALL?! Need help from the list.

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 18:31:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

A friend of mine managed to catch what appears to be
fireball with an impact on his webcam. He is an
amateur astronomer with a webcam setup and caught the
fireball on a time lapse sequence.

Can anyone with some experience watch this video and
render an informed opinion? And if this is a meteor
streaking in and hitting the Earth, where should he

http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/Strgazr27/1/video.html?month=02&year=2008&filename=current.flv

Pay attention to the first 10 seconds or so of the
video.
Click on the play icon and watch from the left side
of the screen.

My friend's description of the video :

"This was taken looking NW out of my second story
bedroom window. This would be looking towards the
Westchester NY area just N or New York City. "

Any input or thoughts on what to do with this?

MikeG

PS - I'd love to go hunt it down, but I am not free
to travel! (assuming it's a meteorite)