[meteorite-list] Why doesn't Mars look like Mars?

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 02:13:11 +0100

Et voil?:

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/press/opportunity/20040414a.html

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rob McCafferty [mailto:rob_mccafferty at yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008 01:19
An: Martin Altmann; meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Betreff: Re: [meteorite-list] Why doesn't Mars look like Mars?

Can you direct me to the info showing the return data
matching the shergottites? I was not aware of this (I
have a young family and full time job, I cannot read
it all).

That, to me is fascinating evidence I was not aware
of. My understanding was that SNC probably sample only
two of sites on mars (ALHA84001 a third).
This being the case, you wouldn't necessarily expect
our rovers to return pics like SNC

Odd only one meteorite from the ancient half of mars
(84001) so far. Is there an explanation for this? Is
it just luck of the draw? The two most recent imacts
(producing all SNC) have both been from the newer side
of Mars? How much does one theory influence the other?

Rob McC

--- Martin Altmann <altmann at meteorite-martin.de>

http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/Tucsonshowandparty2008c081.jpg