[meteorite-list] dumb and dumber

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:50:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -

You know, it's not that strange that the folks who
designed and launched USA-193 never though about what
they would do if it entirely didn't work.

One of the best schemes I have ever seen for reducing
the amount of debris in orbit used the blast of a
small rocket engine to put them on a re-entry paths.
But now there's no time for that.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas

PS 1 - I received a nice note that German and Russian
meteorite search teams had worked the Nazca desert
areas with little results - oh well.

PS 2 - Free meteorites? of course I took a look, and
was amazed to learn that Eric's girlfriend had
actually bought him his first meteorite. How'd he do
that? Now there's some tips that I'm sure Ruben and
few others would like to have.