[meteorite-list] Campos

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 19:00:01 -0700

Ken posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ250219401377

Dear Ken, Paul and List:

That's an example of an exploded Campo "shrapnel" specimen. They're
real meteorites, but have been pummeled/blasted by human ingenuity and
mechanics, much like the dynamited Nantans we used to see back in the
'90s.

If you check out the sellers' other items, you'll see some that look
more familiar:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpomegranate-grenade

Those of you who have seen the nice little Campo pendants that Hans
Koser sells will note the similarity. Ten bucks is a little steep for
an 11-gram Campo shrapnel fragment, but it's a free marketplace.
Actually, eBay is far from a free marketplace. Why would I even say
that? : )

Regards,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org