[meteorite-list] Novice collector looking for micromount trades

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:36:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi Listmembers!

I am looking to take advantage of the buyer's market
on rare meteorite specimens before the world snaps
back to it's senses and the prices go back up. I
recently scored a nice Vaca Muerta from Mr. Cottingham
for the criminally-low final bid of 99 cents. These
are indeed good times! ;)

I am extending an open invitation to list members who
want to trade micromount samples. I will list the
micromounts that I currently have, along with the
types
of meteorite micromounts I am looking for. Many of
my "micromounts" have grown large from multiple
purchases of the same type and they consist of many
pieces that are easy to divide up. So I will be
trading
from my own personal collection - unless it's
something
I have extras of laying around like Campo "crystals"
and Pallasovkas which I have several of.

Here is what I currently have to offer up as trade :

1) Sikhote Alin Iron
2) Canyon Diablo Iron (I only have one small piece of
this one to spare)
3) Northbranch Kansas Chondrite
4) Norton County Aubrite
5) Vaca Muerta Mesosiderite
6) Murchison Carbonaceous Chondrite
7) NWA 3160 Lunar Basalt (only one tiny piece to
spare)
8) NWA 869 L4-6 Chondrite
9) NWA 4293 H6 Chondrite
10) NWA 4576 Mesosiderite
11) Tatahouine Diogenite
12) New Orleans Chondrite
13) NWA 4880 Martian Shergottite (one tiny piece to
spare)
14) NWA 032 Lunar (a couple of tiny pieces to spare)

That's it - for the ones I can divide up. I have
others, mostly irons and Pallasites that are solid
pieces which I have no way to cut or divide. Or they
are specimens too small to divide, like my Tagish
Lake, Millbillillie, or NWA 998. Although I could
be persuaded to trade some/all of these tiny three if
the deal is right.

Here is what I am looking for. I realize most of
these
are very rare types which sell for astronomical prices
at times. So I am not expecting a large piece - just
some tiny speck of a micromount so I can say I have it
in my collection - and hopefully build on that speck
later.

1) Angrite
2) Rumuruti types
3) Ureilite
4) Acapulcoite
5) Howardite
6) Brachinite
7) Winonaite
8) Lodranite
9) Dunite
10) Lunar gabbro
11) Carbonaceous types
12) Witnessed falls of rare types
13) impactors/hammers

All micromounts that I offer in trade come in a new
gem jar with printed label.

I can also offer a small amount of cash with each
trade to even up the deal and/or cover postage.

Contact me to discuss.

Thanks!

MikeG