[meteorite-list] Neutron and proton release in large hyper-velocity impacts

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:47:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi Elton, all -

Another contender to explain the C14 spikes.
That can be added to the existing four:
1)hole in upper atmosphere,
2)interuption of ocean currents,
3)coincident incresase in extra-solar neutrons, and
4)neutron release in impact process.

For the comets, I could see how there might be C14.
But does the solar wind or interspace contain C14?

Two questions on my mind. First do irons contain C14?
Second, does anyone have a fine scale chart of real
C14 production from about 3,114 BCE on?

good hunting all,
E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas