[meteorite-list] 10 Reasons Everyone Should Own A Meteorite.

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 13:12:28 -0800

Wow!

I never thought the 10 Reasons List would cause such a fuss... ;) I
think it's funny that some people think it's all about gender, when
in fact it's about the fantastic nature of the meteorites themselves.
The comment "Chicks dig meteorites." is a simple play on words from
the slogan "Chicks dig scars.". I thought that would be a cool thing
to add in the list to get a laugh out of everyone that read it. In
fact I thought of all the things that someone would debate over would
be the opinions and theories I presented in numbers 8 & 9...

Some peoples reactions however are way more interesting to say the
least and probably some comments should be reigned in a bit so as not
to offend any of the many women who do truly "Dig meteorites!" :) My
girlfriend loves them, my girl cousins love them, my mother and
sister love them, and if you're sitting in a bar and place one on the
counter it won't take long for someone to ask what it is... Women are
very much interested in meteorites!

If you're simply talking statistics, I'm sure women can agree that
from a purely statistical and scientific point of view the male of
our species (not to use the word MAN :) ) out numbers the females in
this particular interest group. Even saying this could be arguable
and could promote even more debate which could be good if people are
lighthearted about it... ;)

To all who have responded thus far THANKS!

To all who are about to respond to my comments Be Gentle Please... ;)

Eric Wichman
www.MeteoritesUSA.com
www.Meteoritewatch.com