[meteorite-list] RFS Picture of the Day Jan. 8 / weirdproperties of NWA ...

From: Bob King <nightsky55_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 08:46:20 -0600

Hi John,
Great photos! They prompted me to look over my slice again. The two
shiny metal blebs in the grey-blue lithology measure 3/4-1mm across.
They are very distinct. Closer to the boundary between grey-blue and
brown, there are a couple others but they're not as reflective and
appear altered. I checked the brown matrix very carefully on both
sides of the slice and did find one, fairly shiny metal bleb and a
few, small altered bits of metal. In any case, the parts that have the
strongest attraction to a magnet are highly altered, very dark veins
that have a flow pattern in them.
Bob