[meteorite-list] Simple mapping software? (A little OT)

From: Mark Crawford <mark_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 22:40:34 +0000

Jeff/Pierre-Marie/Larry,

Thanks for your replies. I know about Google Earth and the links from
the MetBul db. I'm really after something a little (graphically)
plainer and more tailorable.

On a similar note, how do people catalogue their collections? Is there
any preferred software out there?

Excel is fine for the important info, but I'd love to be able to store
photos, historical notes etc in something a little more grown up (the
ability to add personal data to MetBase would be wonderful, for instance).

?