[meteorite-list] Fw: Still un answered question

From: Jerry <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:04:48 -0500

Darn New England. Plenty of blow outs and even regs but only about 10,000
years old "dirt".
Yee old glaciers scraped the bed rock clean and replaced the soil with till
which is a jumble. Add the 40-50" of rainfall that perks through this till
each year and it causes havoc to iron. Bog iron is the signature "mineral"
of these parts. Tends to set off detectors readily. But hey, there's always
hope.
Jerry Flaherty