[meteorite-list] Simple mapping software? (A little OT)

From: Mark Crawford <mark_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:34:10 +0000

Doug,

That's very cool. I must have a play with it when I have a bit of time.
>From the look of the data files on the DIY Map site, it should also be
reasonably easy to update once it's set up.

I played with Google Maps earlier by grabbing and then manually adding
layers in Photoshop for the meteorites; it's a little more work but has
the kind of look I'm after:

http://meteorites.cc/misc/mainland-europe-eg.jpg

Thanks also for the reminder about Risk - I can't tell how much time I
wasted playing that game as a student!

Mark