[meteorite-list] Unclassified NWAs: What's the attraction?

From: Bob Loeffler <bobl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:01:58 -0700

Hi all,

Thanks for the heart-felt replies to my query. I knew my question would
evoke the true feelings of collectors out there. :-) Even though I need
some classification in my life (and in my collections), I do see all of your
points. And no, I don't do Beanie Babies and Pokemon. :-) I have a
mineral collection and now a meteorite collection (and used to have a coin
collection when I was a kid), so I do like specific items. My girlfriend
and I will be digging for topaz or aquamarine crystals in Colorado and I'm
just looking for good crystalline specimens, while my girlfriend will pick
up a chunk of granite and think it's cool (although she also likes the
crystalline specimens). Everyone is different and that's what makes us
individuals (like meteorites).

Thanks again for sharing your opinions and thoughts about unclassified NWAs.
I really do appreciate it.

Regards,

Bob