[meteorite-list] Perhaps there is a need for a meteorite FAQ

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:32:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -

Reading this letter from China, it seems to me...

We need a page pointing to classification services,
explaining the basics to folks - including current
price ranges.

We need pages with accumulated cutting wisdom...

We need some pages with accumulated knowledge on rust
prevention...

We need some pages with thin section manufacturing
knowledge...

IMCA explained... (do I have the letters in the right
order? damned stroke.)

maybe some of the basic types shown, along with some
of the fundamentals on meteors, bolides, etc.: kind of
like an online "Rocks from Space."

list of museums...

etc...

Or maybe one page pointing to the best pages on the
net where this information already has been
assembled... It would be nice if the IMCA put up an
official one.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas