[meteorite-list] Thumrayt 001 Pallasite is now official

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:48:12 -0800 (PST)

Center of nowhere, well Marcin, that pretty well
describes every part of Oman!
Sandy, again, not much of Oman lacks sand.
The meteorite was not found in the riverbed, although
pieces were found near the edge, it has likely been a
hundred years since much water was in there.
Yes, it is close to a village, I must assume the
meteorite fell a thousand years before the village
existed.
Where is the problem?

Check out the Mesosiderite strewnfield, it is between
two major roads on the outskirts of Haima, we can hear
the call to prayer in that strewnfield.
Michael Farmer