[meteorite-list] Meteorites of Campo del Cielo:Impact on the IndianCulture

From: Jerry <grf2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:46:31 -0500

Thanks Dirk. I'm certain I'm not the only meteorite enthusiast who's
wondered if the name had its origin in the paleo oral traditions from
spectators 5000 ya. The paper is well balanced and offers many
interpretations. A conclusion will probably never be reached as time
continues to march away from the event, but a reasoned approach is all that
can hoped for.
On the other hand, speculation does still offer those, like myself who lean
toward a kernel of truth in myth and oral traditions, room to hope. After
all, my ancestors were pretty cool dudes.
Jerry Flaherty