[meteorite-list] Life on Mars!

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 15:43:37 -0700

I doubt it's a prank, although there's definitely a stitch line just
below the object. Look closely at the full image, however. I don't think
we are seeing _a_ rock (with an extended arm), but rather the exposed
end of a larger rock, which extends to the right, and may be partially
covered with sand. There are lots of other similar rocks in the area
that are shaded on the same face (of course, they don't trigger our
pattern recognition circuitry so strongly).

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com