[meteorite-list] Franconia Classification Question

From: Larry Sloan <gldfinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:36:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi All
When Visiting with Bob Verish at Tucson last year he
stated that the original Franconia stone of 4.75 kilos
was the only Franconia that he received a
classification on. I submitted a 1.15 kilo stone that
was paired with the original. I am wondering how many
other stones have been paired with Franconia? As a
side note of the 8 stones I have submitted for study
from the Franconia area 4 came back as Buck Mountain
Wash and the single Franconia. The Franconia was from
the South side as were 3 of the 4 BMW.
Larry Sloan