[meteorite-list] Tucson 2008

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 13:35:32 -0800

Regarding Inn Suites,
        I could not agree more. I know when his old motel shut down Blaine
passed on Inn Suites based on the rationale that he was offered
A "back room" at Inn Suites and wouldn't get the "foot traffic" many
rooms would get. So, now he is in a VERY difficult location - AND in
A Back room! Of course every meteorite buyer in the show would
Come to his room at Inn Suites no mater where it was - ET, Steeve
Arnold and others are in the back, Anne Black & Geoff Notkin are
Upstairs - no one misses the opportunity to see them - and it is far, far
Easier than driving around Tucson, even if there weren't never ending
Construction going on.
        If every buyer were to email every dealer NOT in Inn Suites and
Tell them they "hope" they can get to them, but traffic, while always a
problem, is going to be especially bad this year and it is a crying shame
they are not at Inn Suites, where they would be certain to see them, it
MIGHT convince them to let go of whatever attitude is keeping them
Away and join the party in 2009.
        Marty Zinn, the Show Organizer tried as hard as he could to get
all the meteorite dealers to Inn Suites, but a number of them held out.
Still, it is the "Mecca" for meteorite goers to the Tucson Show. I
Gear the directions to my auction FROM Inn Suites, because every
Meteorite person knows where that is - and is usually going to be
Coming from there.
        Please let there be no doubt, I am NOT recommending anyone
Boycott dealers located elsewhere - that would be, in my opinion, very
much non-constructive. If EVERYONE just let them know how difficult
They are making it for loyal customers to see them and that it is a
Certainty there are MANY potential customers they are missing out on
Because they are not at Inn Suites, my guess is at least some of them
Would come to their senses and arrange for future years to be at
Inn Suites. It would serve them and customers alike.
        Best wishes, Michael