[meteorite-list] Question about Jiddat al Harasis 073

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:06:35 EST

Hi Ken, I looked at the meteorites and while I think they are likely
correct, I would never buy and ordinary chondrite with TKW of over 500Kg, by the
carrot weight.

I bought a bit of JaH 073 from Ivan a couple years ago and there is some
weird color in it. The iron stained it red in places. There are some other
cool colors and structures. Check out my incident light micrographs of it on my
 gallery
http://www.meteorite.com/meteorite-gallery/meteorites-alpha_frame.htm

Just click on the alphabetical sort and the first set of JaH 073. The
second set is in Xpol.

Tom

In a message dated 1/28/2008 12:16:13 P.M. Central Standard Time,