[meteorite-list] Question about Jiddat al Harasis 073

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:11:11 -0800

Hola Tracy, Ken, All,
Yes, the colour does look a bit off, but in this case I think it might
be due to odd photography - the specimens' textures actually look
meteoric and some of the pieces reflect light in a way that I would
expect from a weathered ordinary chondrite (oxidized metal appears to
be shining back in a few shots, etc). What you take to be red flashes
I think could be colour-enhanced chondrules...
In general it's a good idea to be cautious, but I *think* those are
meteorites, and I've yet to be proven wrong on ebay.
That said, the seller is charging by the carat - it's a but much for
an ordinary chondrite...
Regards,
Jason