[meteorite-list] Announcing the Oscar Monnig Meteorite Collection Catalog

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 00:13:36 -0700

Dear Listees:

It is with great pleasure that I announce the publication of:

THE OSCAR E. MONNIG
METEORITE COLLECTION CATALOG

By Dr. Arthur J. Ehlmann
Curator of the Monnig Collection

Published by Stanegate Press, LLC

8 3/4 x 11 1/8 inches
192 pages
32 original color photographs
More than sixty pages of rare historic documents from the Monnig
archives, including letters from H.H. Nininger and secret field
correspondence
Exclusive never-before-seen portraits and field photos
A complete catalog of the collection
New essays by Dr. Arthur Ehlmann and Geoffrey Notkin

Only 1,000 copies have been printed
Of those there is a strictly limited edition of 100 deluxe copies
signed and numbered by Dr. Ehlmann, in a custom white linen slipcase,
accompanied by an exclusive custom print of a vintage portrait photo of
Oscar Monnig

******************

I have been at work on this project for fourteen months, and our
colleagues Art Ehlmann, and legendary meteorite dealer David New have
been involved with it for much longer than that. Although in recent
years we have been treated to fine meteorite catalogs by Jim Schwade,
Marvin Killgore, and Bob Haag, I believe this to be the first major
meteorite museum catalog since Monica Grady's "Catalogue of Meteorites"
from the year 2000.

There are three different editions available for sale (1,000 copies
total press run)

Details here: http://www.aerolite.org/monnig-catalog.htm

This has been a labor of love for all involved, and we have made this
the most beautiful book we could. Rather than just compile a list of
meteorite numbers and weights, we have attempted to create a fitting
testament to one of the greatest meteorite collectors of all time. I am
thrilled with the results, and I hope you will be too.

Copies can be ordered online and will also be available for sale at two
locations during the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show:

- Room 230 at the InnSuites (Aerolite Meteorites & Impactika) from Feb.
2 through 16

- At Michael Blood's auction, Saturday February 9

** PUBLICATION PARTY **

- You are invited to meet author and curator, Dr. Arthur Ehlmann and
view or purchase copies of the catalog:

Saturday, February 9, 2008
Room 230
InnSuites Hotel, Tucson
2 pm

Champagne will be served

** THE MONNIG CATALOG #1 **

The Monnig Collection Catalog #1 of 100, signed by Dr. Ehlmann will be
auctioned by Michael Blood on Saturday, Feb. 9, in Tucson

Details: http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/TucsonAuction08.html

In addition to this highly collectible #1 of the deluxe signed edition,
the lot includes a beautiful uncut cover flat (front + back + spine),
signed by the designer (that's me).
There are ONLY FOUR cover flats in existence. The flat includes
printer's bars, registration marks, and at 23 x 14 1/2 inches will make
a lovely framed piece.

This is no minimum bid for this lot

RESERVING COPIES

A few numbered editions have already been reserved for people directly
involved with the project. To reserve your own signed and numbered
copy, please email me with:

- Your preferred number between 7 and 100

- An alternate number

OR, if you would like the lowest number available, please just include
"LNA" with your email request. All reservation requests will be
processed in the order received, and all requests will be confirmed by
email.

If you will be in Tucson and want a numbered edition, you may reserve
by email, and pick up in person.

This was an expensive and time consuming project, and we have no
intention of publishing a second edition. If you wish to own a copy,
please reserve quickly to avoid disappointment.

Questions welcome, and thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Geoff N.

Aerolite Meteorites
Stanegate Press