[meteorite-list] Holocene start Comet impacts NOT the Two Iron impacts

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:36:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sterling,

We went through this months ago. The Holocene start comet impacts are not the iron impacts that produced the iron microspherules, but are distinct and known to be distinct from the radio carbon dates. The search is on right now for the craters from the iron impacts.

Re: Climate - What I suspect happened was that the holocene start impacts had an effect on the North Pacific current. Before the impacts the Lenape are hunting sea turtle on the west coast of today's Canada. The warm moist air from this warm current fell as snow on Canada, reflecting sunlight back into space, cooling the Earth. After the impacts the North Pacific current cools; less snow on today's Canada, less sunlight reflected back into space, the Earth warms.

How the effects of the melt affected estimates of global temperature ("Younger Dryas"), I don't know, and can't work out - I've had a stroke. I suspect that globally the Earth warmed continuously after the comet impacts.

The state of the research is pitiful, and that reflects funding for impact research in the US, which is pitiful.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas