[meteorite-list] Cu Meteorite

From: Ralph A. Croning <rcroning_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:26:32 -0500

Hi All,

Besides the metal content of a meteorite we also have to consider the
optical emission of ionized gases around a meteor/bolide as a source of its
colour. Oxygen molecules will glow blue/green when excited (ionized) and
nitrogen, red. The oxygen is stated as blue/green because of people's
colour perception. To some it will apprear blue and to others, green. Hope
this helps.

Cheers,

Ralph A. Croning
IMCA#4326