[meteorite-list] Help With Gary Foote's Recovery!

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:54:38 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I am scurrying around getting things together for a silent auction of items donated for Gary and I have to tell you, the painting donated by Jerry Armstrong of the Tagish Lake fall is incredible. While it will take a few more days to get the page up with pictures and details to start the auction, I thought you'd like to see the painting right now.

Please feel free to check it out on Michael Blood's site at http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/JerryArmstrong.html. The auction details will not be posted on Michael's site, rather they are being hosted by John Gwilliam, who is patiently waiting for me to complete the item descriptions so that I can get the auction started.

I'll post again with details on how you can own that painting and/or:

 - A serial-numbered Nininger/Canyon Diablo Coin -- Only 10 were made for the Nininger family. This one is #9

 - HH's copy of a Science Magazine from 1961, footnoted on the cover in HH's writing

 - An individual 91.2 gram Vaca Muerta

 - Two pieces of Carancas, one has a very visible clast!

 - A cute little NWA 869 oriented shield

 - Two authentic bricks from the Nininger Museum at Meteor Crater

I am gladly accepting other meteorites or meteorite-related collectables, should you have something you can part with for a really good cause. Please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your support,
Maria