[meteorite-list] best way to glue meteorite together

From: Nicholas Gessler <gessler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:07:11 -0700

Oops, I sent this directly to Greg, but intended to send it to the
list as well...

Hi Greg,

Bond 527 (available at Michael's) is a good reversible glue.
You can dissolve it with acetone. But be aware, acetone is not friendly.

In the museum conservation field, reversibility is what you're after.
You can glue it together, and then take it apart if you need to.

As for how to do it, as an archaeologist some time back, and having glued
many pieces of Primm together, I would suggest a "sand box." Sand will
allow you to balance the pieces so that they dry without falling out
of position.

And as to where to start, try fitting several pieces together by
hand. Figure out
which ones need to be glued together first so that you don't end up
with a piece
that won't go in.

Have fun,
Nick