[meteorite-list] Gary Foote Recovery Auction

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:04:31 -0700

Hello Everyone,

As much as I have hesitated to have a cut-off date for items donated for the Gary Foote Recovery Auction, I am going to have to so that I can get the auction started. If you could, please have items (or email me pictures and descriptions of items) at my house by 12:00 Noon PST on Thursday, July 24th. Contact me off-list for my address if you don't already have it.

Please look in your meteorite shrines, open up those cabinets and look inside those boxes under your desk for any meteorites or meteorite-related collectables you can part with. This is an occasion where anything you can do will make a huge difference in Gary and CJ's life.

I have a seven-day silent auction planned and have some really terrific items to auction. Pictures, descriptions, minimum bids and auction rules will be up on John Gwilliam's website at http://meteoriteimpact.com/footeauction.htm soon. Bids will be taken via email and telephone to me and each item will be updated daily at 7:00 pm PST with the highest bid. I prefer that the successful bidders pay via PayPal but if that doesn't work for you, please let me know prior to bidding on an item and we will work something out.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

I don't want to get too gushy here but I have to tell you all something. Being the middleperson when you all get together to help someone is just the nicest, heartwarming feeling ever. Thank you so very much for your support and thank you for what you have done for Gary and CJ.

I'll post again to let you know when the auction is starting.

My best to you,
Maria