[meteorite-list] [IMCA] A Feeling Of Shame

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:20:51 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, lets put this to bed.
I have received a flurry of phone calls demanding clarification, so here goes.
This event took place at least 7 years ago. It does not involve ANYONE who is organizing charity events these days. I am not accusing anyone who is currently doing these good deeds, not Notkin, or Anne Black, or Maria, come on, I am just in disagreement about some of the methods used, which led to myself and others being ripped off in the past. Money was given and much less money ended up in the hands of the intended recipient. This left a very bad taste in my mouth.
This is not so complicated as people are making it out to be.
I was offended by Mal's email. Since he publicly tried to crucify dealers and big collectors for not showing so much interest in helping Gary Foot by participating in the charity auction, I publicly responded as to my own reason for not being out there giving or bidding.
I will put an item on eBay, and the buyer can pay Gary Foote directly, this will be my way of helping and that way I know that every cent goes to the intended use.
Michael Farmer

I wish Gary and his family well, and I think it is good that people are trying to help him.