[meteorite-list] New possible impact structures detected

From: m42protosun at aol.com <m42protosun_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:16:02 -0400

Hello Jason and all
as I remember, this area was in the 60s the british nuke test area.
With 90 meter dia it seens to be a nuke hole.
regards Uwe

-----Urspr?ngliche Mitteilung-----
Von: Jason Utas <meteoritekid at gmail.com>
An: m42protosun at aol.com; drtanuki <drtanuki at yahoo.com>; Meteorite-list
Verschickt: Fr., 25. Jul. 2008, 21:46
Thema: Re: [meteorite-list] New possible impact structures detected NH.
US.

Hey All,
While looking around, I stumbled across this:

25?01'03.94"
133?17'15.25"

Is this a known crater? It sure looks like a crater to me...a fresh,
obvious crater......
Regards,
Jason

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 11:53 AM, <m42protosun at aol.com> wrote:
> Good evening Dirk (MEZ 20:40)
> Hello list,
> thank you for your comment to possible impact structure in Australia
> (Northeast of Henbury).
> I have now noticed the altitude funktion of GE (Mouse shifting).
Hunting
> impact sites was a hobby of me about
> nearly 40 years ago, when I was employed in oil prospection
companies. My
> job was analysing seismic waves on
> an IBM 7060 computer which was at that time one of the fastes of the
world.
> often I found in the waves an echo
> of compressed limestone. After a long pause I started again in the 90s
> visiting the german structures
> Noerdlingern Ries and Steinheimer Becken. At that time it was aloud to
> prospect the scene20as hobby
> mineralogist and I found some very nice cones. Today it is forbidden
and I
> use GOOGLE.
>
> Now my answer to your comment:
> In a desert area a 1 meter higher level around a ring of trees must
not be
> the a hill. It could be a dune of
> sand. Remember! During impact the crater wall inside is hard forced by
> shearing forces and the crater center
> is forced by hard pressure. After years of weathering the crater will
be
> filled with sand and everytime when
> it becames wet the ring of sheared limestone around the compressede
center
> takes off the water and the sand
> enters the higher porosity. It sinks and build the water reservoir
for the
> vegetation.So it might be a filled
> crater. If you compare it against the small Henburies you will see
the same
> eff
> ect.
> My theory is that the Henbury cluster is not the total impact area
and that
> Boxhole is a crater of the cluster
> too. Between both there must be a lot of other impacts. I have put a
ruler
> from one to the other and on this
> line a lot of images look like impact structures. But I'm not im
Australia.
> Therefore I can only make a
> conjecture.
>
> Other "impact structures":
> 24?29'34.68"S, 133?13'30.44"E
>

> Now to New Hamshire, US. look at:
> 43? 6'42.49"N, 71?11'24.44"W
> 43?16'57.90"N, 71?11'6.78"W
> 42?54'53.69"N, 71?35'36.35"W
did not know wether they are or wether they are wellknown.

d at ssl.gb.com>; Uwe