[meteorite-list] SALE

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 14:41:29 -0700

        Today I offer a unique "auction" for list members. I have a
large, oriented NWA meteorite (Partially identified by Ted Bunch
as a common chondrite - it had been sold to me as an Enstatite,
but I knew that was unlikely at the time, but figured it was worth
more than the asking price, regardless.
        I will accept bids over 13c/g starting now and ending Monday at
Midnight PDT. This is a terrific price as at the last Tucson Show the
African dealers were asking $1/g for anything approaching a whole
stone - and those had more of a desert varnish than FC.

        This piece weighs 4,600g and is clearly oriented.

        It has a fully Fusion Crusted top and sides and a flat bottom that
is coated with what I would swear is that red caliche on the bottoms
Of Millbillilli and Camel Donga - but of course, it is not Australian.

        Photos of 5 angles can be seen at the following URLs:

SIDE:

    http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Enstatite2W.jpg

END:

    http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Enstatite3W.jpg

OTHER SIDE: (see hand holding specimen)

     http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Enstatite5.JPG

TOP:

    http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Enstatite1W.jpg

DISCOLORED BOTTOM:

    http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/Enstatite4W.jpg

    Please email me off list and remove [meteorite-list] from
The subject box if you want to be sure I get it (I do not always
Read ALL list posts).
    Put in a bid - even a low one might take this. If so, I will be
Kicking myself in the butt for years, but I need cash NOW.
    Winning bid must be at least $25 over any earlier bid to be counted.
    Shipping will be actual cost and can be paid after shipping.
    Thanks, Michael