[meteorite-list] NASA Phoenix Lander Bakes Sample, Arm Digs Deeper

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 16:13:28 -0500

Hi, Larry, List,

    I shouldn't have implied a specific cause was known,
because it isn't, but the altimeter (whose software was
apparently faulty) has been suggested as a possible cause,
but the "boing effect" is good.

    I don't even know if the software in the two cases is
actually the same software in integration. I only meant to
point out the extra $31 million was a good investment,
considering the outcome.

Sterling K. Webb